Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome

Hi there. This is the production blog for The Overitme Theater's 2011 production of The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by James Hartz (me).  First and foremost, I should say that I totally stole this idea from James Venhaus who is currently documenting the production of Ugly People, which I recommend checking out.

As to what this is: This blog will function as a chronicle of the writing process through performance/a keep-me-on-task-er/excitement-generator/online brain.  I know it looks a little sparse right now but, like Charlie Brown's ugly little xmas tree, it will grow into a decadent holiday beacon. Any tips or tricks for making this not suck are welcome. If you follow me on Twitter (@jameshartz), you can look for the hash-tag #MWTY for nano-bits related to the show.

And just what is this show? The Most Wonderful Time of the Year will me questioning (attacking) traditional christmas/holiday tropes, seeing what still stands, and reforming that into a new humanist holiday story. Won't that be fun? Yes, yes it will.

For those wondering (all two of you): Yes, David and I are working a new Scorpy-Claus short which will probably play after the main show.

If MWTY has a north star to guide it by it is this (sit through the ad, it's worth it):


FUN FACT: Google Chrome's spell checker insists on capitalizing "christmas" and even "xmas".

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I love the "lost ending" to It's A Wonderful Life". It was always one of my favorite SNL skits.

    ReplyDelete